The Caliber Group, a brand marketing and public relations agency based in Tucson, AZ, is seeking a dynamic Media Supervisor who is part Media Planner, Media Buyer and Account Executive. A successful Media Supervisor drives the business forward by being a steward of the entire day-to-day planning and buying process. The ideal candidate has experience developing, presenting, and implementing digital and traditional paid media strategies as well as planning, budgeting, buying, and coordinating across a variety of media channels and networks, including tracking and reporting on results. They are a driven, self-motivated team player who embraces the challenge of working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. They are proactive and goal-oriented by nature and have a passion for building business relationships and delivering results.
- Developing comprehensive digital and traditional media plans, strategies and tactics for Caliber Group’s clients as well as overseeing execution. This includes the identification and selection of targeted media opportunities, developing budgets, negotiating and coordinating contracts, media buying, and managing the proof of performance, reconciliation, and media billing for the agency.
- Researching media and audience data and developing media strategies that support brand marketing goals. This includes having a strong grasp of specific client industries and businesses and a complete understanding of their overall marketing objectives.
- Establishing and fostering strong media relationships to become a valued and trusted resource for Caliber Group and its clients. This includes cultivating media relationships and growing business opportunities with current clients.
- Identifying, negotiating, and offering value-added media packages. This includes a deep understanding of all media channels and investigating opportunities with key vendors.
- Staying current with new trends and opportunities in the ever-changing world of omni-channel media. This includes training team members on digital and social advertising strategies and tactics as well as educating clients on the latest industry standards and best practices when necessary.
- Executing media plan placement across multiple media channels, including digital, social, broadcast, out of home, and print media buys. This includes working closely with the client throughout the entire program to maintain performance and resolve any issues.
- Developing media and production deadlines and communicating deadlines with client and agency account and production teams to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Providing audience input on advertising creative related to media placement strategy and target audience needs. This includes collaborating with the internal team to advise clients on best ways to integrate media into their advertising and marketing programs.
- Tracking budgets and performance and reporting on results. This includes the accurate creation and delivery of assigned media plan documents and proposals, as well as weekly updates and other agency and client reports.
- Reviewing and approving invoices, reconciling discrepancies and post media buys.
- Coordinating with digital teams to plan and execute paid search campaigns.
- Participating in agency business development activities, including presenting solid media strategies and budgets in a confident, persuasive manner.
- Other duties as assigned in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in media planning and buying, including digital, print, broadcast, social and out of home media. General and direct response media experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Statistics, Data Science or related field
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Data Studio. Google Certified preferred
- Proficient using Excel creating detailed media budgets, schedules, and flow charts
- Experience developing and implementing efficient media department systems and processes and supervising the work of other media department members preferred
- This position requires approximately 40 hours per week using a computer, talking with staff, clients, and vendors, and talking on the phone and using video conferencing, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday. Some after-hours work/event attendance is required.
- Connectivity outside of the office and business hours is sometimes required for certain situations, clients, or emergencies.
- In-depth understanding of media planning, negotiation, implementation, and performance analysis
- Proven experience and leadership skills managing the work of others in the media department
- Experience and ability to meet both client and agency objectives
- Strong analytical skills and ability to relate results to client business objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail, accuracy
- Excels at developing and presenting integrated media strategies and detailed budgets
- Ability to organize ideas and information logically and sequentially
- Experience developing media presentations and tactical POVs
- Ability to develop client plans and reports that are clear, compelling, and persuasive
- Will ensure key information is provided to team regarding client, agency or media issues, changes in account status, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, meet multiple deadlines, and perform under deadline pressures
The Caliber Group is an EEO employer, offering excellent company benefits, including competitive salary, Group Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, paid time off and a employer-matching 401K retirement plan.
To apply: Send resume, cover letter and work samples (plans, strategies, proposals, etc.) to: HR@calibergroup.com.